Follow these steps to get going on Linux:
1. Install the dependencies by running the following command:
sudo apt-get install build-essential libssl-dev libdb5.1-dev libdb5.1++-dev libboost-all-dev git
2. Download the Digitalcoin source code:
git clone git://github.com/baritus/digitalcoin.git
3. Find how many cores you have by counting rows of this command:
cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep -i "Model"
5. Compile based on your cores (Replace 4 with your actual cores):
make -j4 -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=
6. Copy digitalcoind to /usr/bin/digitalcoind:
sudo cp litecoind /usr/bin/digitalcoind
7. Start the daemon:
Unlike other forms of payment, Digitalcoin is not controlled by any single authority. No one can freeze your funds, impose a waiting period, or charge you arbitrary fees. Transactions are instant, cost almost no fees, and are irreversible.